[Pythonmac-SIG] diff/patch for MacOS?

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 00:23:20 +0100

At 2:24 PM -0800 2/24/99, Joseph J. Strout wrote:
>Anybody know of diff/patch utilities for MacOS?
>
>I know this isn't strictly a MacPython question, but it is related since
>(1) I want it mainly to control changes to Python apps, and apply those
>patches people keep sending me, and (2) if I get frustrated and end up
>writing them myself, I'll do it in Python.  ;)

There are diff/patch tools for MPW (which also comes with CodeWarrior these
days). I've only used the diff part so far. The good thing about them is
that they're the real thing, no reimplementations. Fully compatible with
unix. You can find them both here:

ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/software/platform/macos/src/HTML/MPW_C.html

I don't know of any standalone versions :-(.

Just