[Pythonmac-SIG] Floating windows

Peter Sommerfeld peter.sommerfeld@gmx.de
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 20:16:50 +0100

[Jack Jansen]
>I don't think you can make floating windows in Python at the moment. If
>someone can point me to the right bits of Inside Mac and it isn't too much
>work I can have a look at implementing them, though.

Jack,

I've made a search on Apples tech info. Horrible, lots of broken links etc.
Anyway, I've found an "develop" article describing in detail how Floating
windows are made. Seems to be somewhat complicated. Unfortuanatly the
sample code (a little library) is not available. You can find it under the
title
Floating Windows at:

ftp://dev.apple.com/devworld/Periodicals/develop/develop15/

It's an pdf document of about 600 kb. I'll continue to look for the sample
code and will let you know if I find it.

- Peter

BTW: There is an article including sample code about OSA at
ftp://dev.apple.com/devworld/Periodicals/develop/develop18/
Any volunteers ? ;)