[Pythonmac-SIG] An Odd Question...

savageb savageb@pacbell.net
Wed, 07 Jul 1999 21:02:26 -0700

> OK, I will risk being branded the list idiot if you will be patient
> enough to hear me out. What I want to know is whether it is possible
> to embed Perl in Python, Mac or otherwise? Or maybe I am just talking
> about calling Perl scripts from executing Python scripts?

If nothing else you could trigger a perl script from within Python - for
example on *nix you could make an os.system call. As to the Mac, I started
using python because I was using AppleScript to do some workflow automation
and decided that if I could just write this one little section in Python it
would be sooo much easier, and succesfully integrated a littled bit of
Python by launching the script (tell the finder to open it and it runs). So
it should be possible to do some stuff.

good luck,

Bob Savage