[Pythonmac-SIG] Python IDE and syntax coloring

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:01:28 +0200

At 11:23 PM -0700 6/9/99, savageb wrote:
>I personally think it would be great to have the syntax coloring.

Working on it...

>I thought
>that was a very nice feature of Idle. Also (perhaps I'm just spacing and
>this has been addressed before, but it has been a very rough week so far, so
>please forgive) will the next version have the ability to print? Right now I
>open my files up in BBedit to print them which works fine. But I wish I
>could just print from the IDE.

Personally I hardly ever print code, so it's not very high on my wish list.
Printing support has been there in MacPython for a while (module Printing,
see also PrintingDemo.py), but although I implemented this wrapper, I have
very little experience with it. In other words: mods are gladly accepted!
I'll help as much as I can with the IDE internals if neccesary.

Just