[Pythonmac-SIG] BBPy?

Andres Corrada andres@corrada.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 14:46:06 +0000

Richard Gordon wrote

> I can understand that if you don't do much work in other languages.
> However, one BBEdit feature that I don't think the IDE has is editing
> script files on a server via integrated ftp. If you do much cgi work,
> this is incredibly useful as is Anarchie Pro's integration with
> BBEdit if you want to open multiple files from the server. I wouldn't
> presume to know how hard it would be to incorporate ftp into the IDE,
> but it would certainly be a welcome feature.

I started a thread in the psa-members list about what I perceive as a pull
between pushing Python IDEs and Python communitty support for whatever editor
people prefer. Gordon's point is well taken and illustrates that we should
support general editors precisely because Python is not the only thing many of
us do at work and play.

I've volunteered to do a HOWTO on how to configure your favorite editor so if
people have input on what they would like to see on the Mac side, let me know.
I use Alpha so the information that I have been reading about on BBEdit is
great. Please let me know about your favorite editor and the Python mode
available for it. For example, does anyone use Code Warrior to write Python?

Andres Corrada-Emmanuel    Email: andres@corrada.com
Owner                      http://www.corrada.com/mamey
Mamey                      Phone: (413) 587-9595