[Pythonmac-SIG] Python on MacOS X (not server)

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:39:02 -0400

Alright, has anyone tried compiling Python 1.5.2 on THIS sucker ? (the
developer release seeded at Macworld Expo and to ADC members).  I tried
recompiling Python after I installed MacOS X (and thus wiping out my old
OSX Server partition) and restored my old home directory.  The first thing
I noticed was that the threading libraries seem to have changed (compiling
with threads and Next Framework and dyld).  It gets fairly far along in
compilation before erroring out.  I haven't taken the time (yet) to
investigate further.

I don't know what the NDA is about MacOS X, but I'm happy that i FINALLY
HAVE A BLUEBOX THAT WORKS ! :)  Hopefully now I can get some more focus in
on Zope development for MacOS X.

Objective Everything seems to run fine in OS X (server and non-server) and
they claim it will work with Carbon apps.  It's just a pity that it's still
at Python 1.4.

.jPS | jeffrey@digicool.com
zope, through the web. www.zope.org