[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: new EasyDialogs

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:36:53 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Steven D. Majewski wrote:

|There is one bug I'm still chasing down -- the movable modal
|dialogs can be made to crash if you change to another app at
|the wrong time while it's in progress.

Commenting out the last two "else: MacOS.HandleEvent(ev)" lines
in Handle1Event cures the occasional crashing problem, but makes
the dialog  Movable but Globally Modal (I think that's TK term
for the behaviour) in that you can no longer switch to another
app when that dialog is up, and you can only drag the dialog
window. Switching apps was the behaviour that was causing the
crash. However, that did usually(*) work with the old progress bar
code and I would like to figure out how to get it to work and NOT
crash. [ i.e. "locally modal" ] ( I was able to occasionally get
functions from the origianal EasyDialogs to crash Python but it
was a much more rare occasion. )

	elif what == mouseDown:
		part, win = Win.FindWindow(where)
		if part == inDrag and win:
			win.DragWindow(where, screenbounds)
#		else: MacOS.HandleEvent(ev)
#	else: MacOS.HandleEvent(ev)
	return None

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---

    Caldera Open Linux: "Powerful and easy to use!" -- Microsoft(*)
     (*) <http://www.pathfinder.com/fortune/1999/03/01/mic.html>