[Pythonmac-SIG] whither time.strptime?

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:17:05 -0800

Both time.__doc__ and the library reference manual claim that there should
be a time.strptime:

strptime() -- parse string to time tuple according to format specification

But it doesn't exist!  There's a strftime, but its partner strptime is just
plain missing from my distribution (1.5.2b1).  I don't know if this is a
problem with MacPython, or with Python in general, but I thought I should
draw some attention to it.  (Where would I file an official bug report?)

Thanks,
-- Joe
|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |