[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: new EasyDialogs

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 12:23:49 +0100

Recently, "Joseph J. Strout" <joe@strout.net> said:
> I think the first step is to make the AM (and NavServices, etc.) calls
> available to Python programmers.  Those like me, who are using it in an
> 8.5-only environment, can immediately make use of them for writing AM-savvy
> apps.

I know that some of the AM calls are already included in the various
toolbox modules, as they are bgen-generated. Could people who are more
AM-versed than me have a look at what is already in the current
(152b1) distribution, and what essential bits are missing?

NavServices is a bit of a problem, because a lot of the communication
goes through a big structure, with callbacks, etc. I'll definitely
want to create an interface to this some time, but it'll need a bit of
thought before I start hacking code.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm