[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython IDE doesn't reload edited files

savageb savageb@pacbell.net
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 20:29:01 -0800

> When I make modifications to a python module and save it the IDE refuses to
> run the new version and persists in running the older version of the module.
> The only way to force the IDE to reload the file is to quit it and re-launch
> it. YUK.
>
> I'm sure this isn't correct behaviour Am I the only one this is happening
> to?

If I understand you correctly the only thing is you have to 'reload' the
module. Since Python is compiled on the fly, it compliles a module and holds
onto that in memory. changing the file doesn't change the version in memory.
What you need to do is specifically ask the compiler to reload the module:

reload module_name

(I hope I am understanding you correctly).

Good luck,

Bob