[Pythonmac-SIG] Any volunteers to maintain a MacPython packages page?

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 00:19:49 +0100

Recently, Just van Rossum <just@letterror.com> said:
> What would be really helpful if we had some sort of standard extension
> install mechanism, which moves the stuff to a standard place (the
> Extensions folder probably) and automatically modify the system-wide
> sys.path prefs accordingly.
>
> I have a starship account, so I would be able to make a page, as long as we
> can collectively create a smoother packaging and install procedure, to make
> the contribution process as painless as possible.

I think the two things are related, but separate. If you're willing to
maintain the page you could add all packages that people advertise,
but nudge people towards providing the package in the preferred
format, for instance by adding a prominent PyMacAutoInstall icon to all
packages that use that installer. Other packages would get a boring
text link only:-)

And there are also links to non-installable things like manuals in
various formats, etc.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm