[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie stuff

Peter Sommerfeld peter.sommerfeld@gmx.de
Mon, 3 May 1999 02:57:33 +0200

Lukas <llatz@stuttgart.netsurf.de> wrote:
>i just downloaded and installed the python 152 beta and tried the examples
>first, many of which didnīt run for some reasons. also i tried to run the IDLE
>applet, which told me it wouldnīt run because there aint no tk module.
>there is however a tkinter sharedlib in the plugins folder. should this do or
>am i supposed to do a tcl-tk install?

Lukas,

forget TKinter presently, and IDLE too :(  It has been reported
that TK 8.x doesn't run properly yet (yes, you have to install tk first).
Take the IDE, that's definitly the way to go on mac (dont use debugger
breakpoints presently, will be fixed at 1.5.2).

BTW: there is a german mailinglist too.
Somewhere at <http://starship.python.net>

regards

-- Peter