[Pythonmac-SIG] MacOS X Server, round 2 (long-ish)

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Mon, 03 May 1999 13:56:40 -0400

>>First a quick question: is this an appropriate place to talk about Python
>>on MacOS X Server ?
>
> Yep, I'd say so.
>
> Though ugh, looking at your message and comprehending about 5% of it, I'm
> not sure I *want* to use MacOS X...  I hope it turns out easier than MacOS
> X Server!

I'm positive it will be.  I think more will be unveiled at this years WWDC
which i REALLY REALLY wish I could go to.  Unfortunately, we're not (yet) a
big enough Apple shop to warrent spending the money on such things.  But,
I'm gaining a lot of new moral high ground around here thanks to MacOS X
Server, and I'm keeping a good eye on Darwin to see how/where that goes.

Carbon is really what you should be watching if you're interested in the
future of 'traditional' MacOS programming.  Again, I think this will come
out significantly at WWDC.  It's starting to smell like the developer beta
of MacOS X itself may be close at hand.

*sigh* Time for more hard drives.  :)

.jPS | jeffrey@digicool.com
zope, through the web. www.zope.org