[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie stuff

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 04 May 1999 12:28:12 +0200

> [...] When I checked it out (8.0) the look and
> feel was not so much Mac-like. And you always have to install TCL/TK,
> at least 3mb even for the most simple application if memory serves well.

I've seen remarks like this a few times the last few weeks, and I'm a bit
surprised, as the _tkinter module for the mac (the Tkinter "engine") was
designed _not_ to need an installed Tk to work, by incorporating everything
into the resource fork.

Is it indeed true that you can't use Tkinter applications with Python without
first installing Tk? If so I'd like to hear what the errors are if you do
attempt it so I can try to fix it (time permitting).