[Pythonmac-SIG] [Pythonmac-SIG]

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Wed, 26 May 1999 21:59:51 +0200

At 6:35 PM +0200 5/26/99, Th. Fettig wrote:
>I made an installer using a somewhat reduced stand-alone python
>interpreter. As i want to make things a little more tight, i'd
>like to put everything (pyc-files and the interpreter) in one
>executable file. Does a packaging method like this exist for the
>Mac?

Yes, you can put 'PYC ' resources in your application. You'd have to add

$(APPLICATION)

to your path preferences with EditPythonPrefs. There is some support for
creating these PYC resources in 1.5.1, but a whole lot more in the latest
beta. In 1.5.1, look for the scripts mkfrozenresources.py and
PackLibDir.py, in the latest beta also look for BuildApplication and
macfreeze.

Just