[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: documentation

Bill Bedford billpy@mousa.demon.co.uk
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 17:05:46 +0000

At 4:36 pm +0100 11/11/99, Jack Jansen wrote:

>>  The esotericness of the documentation doesn't stop there. I though it
>>  would be neat to put the main doc tree into the Apple help viewer so
>>  that it would be always available from the help menu and search able.
>>  But there is so much IE specific code in the doc's html that it
>>  proved to be impossible.
>
>Bill,
>which HTML files are you referring to here? The ref/lib/tut guides in their
>HTML form, or the HTML files in Mac:Demo?

The ref/lib/tut files, most of the problems were with tables and code samples.

But a quick check in the Help.SDK shows that the help viewer is
limited to HTML 3.2, while the Python documentation is HTML 4.0. So
this would be the problem.

Any one know if OS 9 has an updated help viewer?
--
Bill Bedford                            mailto://billb@mousa.demon.co.uk

"I'm a cat person, myself," she said, vaguely.  A low-level voice said:
"Yeah?  Yeah?  Wash in your own spit, do you?"