[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with Tk using MacPython vers 1.5.2c1

Ben Coburn btcoburn@oberlin.edu
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:19:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Richard Gordon wrote:

> At 10:31 -0500 09/30/1999, Brian J. Stankiewicz wrote:
> >I know that this is a bit of a newbie question, but I am trying to install
> >MacPython on my 8500 with OS 8.0 and I am having a difficult time figuring
> >out how to get the Tk commands to work.  Here is a short session with the
> >search paths included, but when I try to import Tkinter it tries to find
> >_tkinter and cannot find the module.  I found _tkinter.ppc.slib and placed
> >a re-named copy _tkinter in the extensions folder, but this didn't do the
> >trick either.  Could someone please give me a hand on this?

I distinctly remember having to add $(PYTHON):Lib:lib-tk to the search
path when I installed 1.5.2c1. You should not have to move any files.

                                         Regards, Ben Coburn

Ben Coburn     "Black holes are where God divided by zero." -Anon.
 btcoburn@oberlin.edu                        Offsite Paradox Associate
 Biochemistry & Biology Major                Arcosanti Paradox Project
 Oberlin College                     http://www.arcosanti.org/paradox/