[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with Tk using MacPython vers 1.5.2c1

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 18:04:05 +0200

> I'm not sure what the preferred approach to this is, but I ran into
> the same thing and fixed it by using  EditPythonPrefs to add
> $(PYTHON):Extensions:Imaging:PIL: to my sys.path. I don't recall
> having to do that in the past, but at least it worked for me.

Ah, luckily that's Justs fault not mine (and he isn't here to contradict
me:-). For reasons you don't want to know there are two _tkinters in what I
send to him, and the one from PIL is what should be installed in the PlugIns
folder. Apparently the installer missed that this time and puts it in the PIL
folder.