[Pythonmac-SIG] Formerly stable app crashes my computer under 1.5.2

David McCarthy dmccarthy@ou.edu
Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:34:14 +0000

I have made an application that uses tkinter.  It was
pretty stable when
run in the 1.5.1 interpreter but it now causes my
computer to crash when
I run it in 1.5.2.  The application itself seems stable
but the computer
crashes after I quit python and open a new application
or bring up a window
from another currently active application.  I have
MacsBug installed and it
gives me a message like the following:

PowerPC unmapped memory exception at FFDBE458
NQDFillCRect+00184

I have also had problems with the popup menus in my
application when the
Appearance control panel is turned on under 1.5.1.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on?
I'm assuming
it might be a problem with tkinter
Thanks
Dave McCarthy