[Pythonmac-SIG] [pythonpiddle] Re: bug in piddlePIL ? or PIL 1.0 final

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:51:05 -0700

At 11:31 AM -0700 10/13/99, Robert Kern wrote:

>This is a known problem (Well, at least I knew it).  PIL's function
>arguments changed between the writing of piddlePIL and the release of PIL
>1.0.  piddlePIL will have to be rewritten for PIL 1.0.

Ugh.  This is a problem, because the version of PIL that comes with
MacPython (the only flavor I really have access to) is 1.0b1.
Apparently these function arguments changed between b1 and 1.0 final,
because the test cases work just fine for me.

I'm CC'ing this to the Mac-Python list, hoping Jack or Just will tell
me that they've got PIL 1.0 final for the Mac just about ready to go
and will send it out next week.

Barring that, any ideas on how we can fix this in a way that will
work on both 1.0 beta and 1.0 final (and presumably any version in
between)?  At worst, we could check the version and have alternate
code.

Chris wrote:

>I made one change to the end of piddlePIL's drawLine() flattening the
>tuples into one sequence:
>
>  self._pen.line( (x1,y1),(x2,y2) ) -> self._pen.line((x1,y1,x2,y2)).

To which I say, "Hmm."  This doesn't look like it addresses the
traceback you found before, which was on "ink =
self.im.draw_ink(ink)".  And you say that with this change, it all
works except for the strings test -- what goes wrong with that one?

Thanks,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |