[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: "Build Applet" not Drag and drop anymore?

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 00:12:21 +0200

Recently, Chris Barker <cbarker@jps.net> said:
> >Have you tried rebuilding the desktop?  Often drag-and-drop apps that
> >won't accept drops just means tha the Finder needs a kick in the
> >pants...
>
> Bingo!  I guess dispite what Apple wants you to think, there really is a
> lot of tricky little stuff you have to learn on a Mac.

I think I am to blame for this, because I see this problem (having to
rebuild the desktop to get an applet to work) a lot more with Python
than with anything else. I think I don't fully understand either how
to kick the finder after BuildApplet has created a new application or
exactly how BNDL resources, the Inited finfo bit and all these other
thingies work together.

So if someone wants to have a look at BuildApplet and friends and make
a fool of me in public: by all means, be my guest:-)