[Pythonmac-SIG] Curriculum, Course Outlines?

Jim Harrison jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:46:35 -0400

on 10/21/99 1:11 AM, Patrick Curtain at patrick@swdev.com wrote:

> I'm in the middle of putting together a course outline for teaching
> programming and I'm wanting to use Python.
>
> Does anyone have any materials?  Course suggestions?

Patrick-

If you haven't already, I'd recommend you take a look at Guido van Rossum's
proposal "Computer Programming for Everybody"
<http://www.python.org/doc/essays/cp4e.html>. He and collaborators propose
to create a curriculum and tools for teaching beginning programming in
secondary schools and college, using Python. The proposal has been funded by
DARPA and work is beginning this fall. It's possible you could collaborate,
or at least get some direction from the materials they are developing.

Best wishes,

Jim Harrison
James H. Harrison, Jr., MD, PhD
University of Pittsburgh Health System
C920 PUH, 200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

jhrsn@pop.pitt.edu | voice: 412-647-5529 | fax: 412-647-9588

"If you want sense, you'll have to make it yourself!!"-Norton Juster