[Pythonmac-SIG] change in cPickle format?

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:20:15 -0700

At 9:00 PM +0200 10/21/99, Just van Rossum wrote:

>Erm, shouldn't you open that file in binary mode?

Ah.  Umm.  You may have a point there.

I used to always use pickle, which stores its data in text files, and
so I always open in text mode.  Converting to cPickle, I neglected to
change this.  That probably explains the problem (though since the
file was generated in text mode as well, the damage is probably
already done -- I'll have to rebuild the file).

Thanks Just!

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |