[Pythonmac-SIG] parameters to Scrap.GetScrap( ??, ??)

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 20:52:29 -0700

At 8:10 PM -0700 10/22/99, James B. Wilkinson wrote:

>    length, offset = Scrap.GetScrap(None, 'TEXT')
>TypeError: Resource required

I think it's your first resource that's the problem.  It should be a
resource handle -- I don't think Python's GetScrap supports the behavior of
peeking at the scrap without getting it.  So do

	hdl = Res.Resource('')
	length, offset = Scrap.GetScrap(hdl, 'TEXT')

or something like that (typing from memory here).

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |