[Pythonmac-SIG] parameters to Scrap.GetScrap( ??, ??)

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:56:01 +0200

> Is there some place I should be able to find stuff like that for myself? I
> didn't see anything like that in libmac.pdf, and I haven't found any other
> docs for MacPython.

If someone wants to pick up working on MacPython documentation: please, be my
guest. I know the docs are very incomplete and outdated, but I don't have time
to work on it....

> Here's the end of the traceback I get if I start up the program right after
> zeroing the scrap:
>
>     TE.TEFromScrap()
> Mac OS Error: (-102, 'No object of that type in scrap')
>
> This looks like the relevant line in macerrors.py:
> noTypeErr	=	-102	#No object of that type in scrap
>
> My code at that point is
>
> 	try:
> 		TE.TEFromScrap()
> 	except macerrors.noTypeErr:
> 		print "Caught it!"	#For debugging
> 		pass

The values in macerrors.py are the values you will be passed in the *argument*
to the exception. The exception you get for all (or, at least, almost all)
toolbox errors is MacOS.Error. This exception is also known as TE.Error,
Res.Error, etc etc etc.