[Pythonmac-SIG] macspeech and SoundManager

David Worrall drw@stimpy.anu.edu.au
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 12:21:24 -0500

Hi!
I've just subscribed to this SIG and am working on audio+speech
using python.

At Mark Hammond's suggestion, I'm posting my query to this
group in the hope that someone may be able to give me a clue...

I'm using python 1.5.2 for the mac under OS 8.
I'm trying to find a way of controlling the audio output
of speechchannels in the audio *stereo* field.
I've plowed through Inside Mac. audio, speech etc to little avail,
and I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to go about this.

is there some way of picking up the audio channel output so as I can
use the Sound Manager controls, or do I have to hack a mixer together
or use the component manager, or what?

cheers,

David.

Head, Australian Centre for the Arts and Technology
Australian National University
President, Australasian Computer Music Association

GPO Box 804 Canberra Australia 2601
'phone: +61 2 6249.5640  Fax: +61 2 6247.0229
email: David.Worrall@anu.edu.au
http://online.anu.edu.au/ITA/ACAT/drw/