[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonIDE no longer works?!?

Joseph J. Strout joe@strout.net
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:25:59 -0700

Whoa!  Talk about a Monday... I tried to launch Python IDE this
morning, and got the following traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
   File "Chinacat:Users:Strout:tools:Python 1.5.2b1:IDE:PythonIDE.py",
line 48, in ?
     init()
   File "Chinacat:Users:Strout:tools:Python 1.5.2b1:IDE:PythonIDE.py",
line 16, in init
     Qd.SetCursor(Qd.GetCursor(QuickDraw.watchCursor).data)
TypeError: buffer length should be sizeof(Cursor)

Seems to be saying that the buffer returned by Qd.GetCursor, when
getting the watch cursor, is not the same length as a Cursor
structure.  How could that be?  What's stranger, everything was just
fine last week, I haven't changed anything on my system, I swear!
It's possible that one of my office mates changed something, but I
doubt it... running MacOS 8.6 (but have been for quite a while).

Any guesses what might be going on here?

Thanks,
-- Joe
|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe@strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |