[Pythonmac-SIG] Embarrassing clarification

Richard Gordon maccgi@bellsouth.net
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:00:16 -0400

At 09:18 -0500 09/22/1999, Oscar Chavez wrote:
>About a different matter, what would be the best resource (tutorial,
>book,...) for a beginner, with no programming experience at all?

The general html documentation that's included in the installation
isn't bad once you figure out what you are looking for and you *do*
want to look at the Mac stuff in HardDrive:Python 1.5.2b1:Python HTML
Docs:mac:index.html. Otherwise, "Learning Python" by Mark Lutz &
David Ascher is a good bet- my only real criticism of it is that it
lacks a glossary and it seems to me that an introductory book should
have one (another Lutz book, "Programming Python," does have a
glossary but goes well beyond the basics and would probably just
confuse you).

Richard Gordon
Gordon Consulting & Design
Database Design/Scripting Languages