[Pythonmac-SIG] gnuplot on MacOS?

Anthony M. Ingraldi A.M.INGRALDI@larc.nasa.gov
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 16:40:39 -0400

On Thursday, September 30, 1999, savageb wrote:

>> Has anyone gotten Gnuplot.py to work on the Mac?...
>
>Yes, Joe, I had it running a while back Tony Ingraldi did a wonderful job,
>you can use Python as an interactive front end, or from a script. I think I
>got my version *with* the MacGnuPlot port, but here is Mr. Ingraldi's email
>if necessary:

The files that I contributed to the MacGnuPlot port allow users to interact
with MacGnuPlot via a console window in essentially the same way as you
would on UNIX.  After seeing Joe's post today, I downloaded the Gnuplot
package from http://monsoon.harvard.edu/~mhagger/Gnuplot/Gnuplot.html and I
now have a version of the Gnuplot package that will run on a Mac.  Well, at
least the demo.py file executes properly.  I haven't tested it beyond that.

I'll probably contact the author of the Gnuplot package to see if he would
be interested in incorporating the small mods into the Gnuplot distribution.

In the meantime, if anyone on this list would like a copy of the modified
package, let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.
--
   Tony Ingraldi
   A.M.INGRALDI@LaRC.NASA.GOV