[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: Stackless Python for MacOS

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:15:11 +0100

At 9:36 AM +0100 06-04-2000, Tony McDonald wrote:
>I get a message saying;
>
>Built-in Exception class not found: UnboundLocalError. Library mismatch?
>Warning! falling back to string-based exceptions.

Ah oops: stackless PythonCore was built with a strange hybrid of sources:
some 1.5.2, some stackless replacements, and some slightly newer than 1.5.2
(1.5.2+ so to speak)... It should be harmless, but I'll fix it soon. Hm,
it's probably a problem while starting up the IDE. What you could do as a
temporary workaround is add this:

class UnboundLocalError(NameError):
    """Local name referenced but not bound to a value."""
    pass

just after the definition of NameError.

>....but all the demo's seem to work fine (and are pretty interesting)..

Aren't they? ;-)

>major thanks Just!

You're welcome.

Just