[Pythonmac-SIG] ANN: Stackless Python for MacOS

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:09:12 +0200

Just van Rossum wrote:

> At 9:36 AM +0100 06-04-2000, Tony McDonald wrote:
> >I get a message saying;
> >
> >Built-in Exception class not found: UnboundLocalError. Library mismatch?
> >Warning! falling back to string-based exceptions.
>
> Ah oops: stackless PythonCore was built with a strange hybrid of sources:
> some 1.5.2, some stackless replacements, and some slightly newer than 1.5.2
> (1.5.2+ so to speak)... It should be harmless, but I'll fix it soon. Hm,
> it's probably a problem while starting up the IDE. What you could do as a
> temporary workaround is add this:
>
> class UnboundLocalError(NameError):
>     """Local name referenced but not bound to a value."""
>     pass
>
> just after the definition of NameError.

Yes, this is the only incompatibility. I followed the current
CVS version, until Unicode was introduced. That would give
me too much changes. Also, I made the new append() behavior
optional.

My Stackless Windows installer just drops the new dlls into
their place, and silently replaces errors.py with the new
version. Are there installers for the Mac, like Wise for
Windows? (I have no idea about Mac's at all). Then this
would be all to be done.

> >....but all the demo's seem to work fine (and are pretty interesting)..
>
> Aren't they? ;-)
>
> >major thanks Just!
>
> You're welcome.

1024 Thanks + a hug from me, too - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>