[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: How well does Python really work on the Mac?

Lou Pecora pecora@anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 17:34:18 -0400

Chris,

Thanks for all the information.  I will look further into Python (already
started reading Lutz' book on Learning Python -- looks *very* good).  If I
can do  the C module stuff, I feel I'll take the jump.  The graphics I need
are minimal and what I really want is a quick way to test algorithms I
conceive.  Much of scientific programming is writing and rewriting and
revising code as one's conception and mathematical development of
algorithms and ideas evolve.  You really want to try things out fast with
minimal muss and fuss.  It got better with C++, but I still have to fool
around a lot with data structures and lower-end stuff.  Mathematica is
powerful, but IMHO not a great numerical programming language (although it
has improved).  Thanks, again.

Cheers,

Lou Pecora