[Pythonmac-SIG] time screwed up

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 12:31:39 -0400

Opps.... I read this quick, and misunderstood your point.

But here's my two cents on the 1900 vs 1904 time debate going on the
list for right now.

re: MSL, just make sure to document things, so we can duplicate the changes
	if necessary.  You might also want to send the list to MSL folks to
find
	out if they want to incorporate the changes.

Guys,

	I think your forgetting two things here in this discussion.

	1) Python is cross platform, and not Mac Exclusive
	2) There are two "time" sections in here.
			- Python Time Calls
			- Macintosh Time Calls

	All Python related Time calls *HAVE* to use a 1900 base.  Period.
End of story.
	If python time calls are *NOT* based off of 1900, then we will have
to modify
	code, and lose cross platform support, for all other platforms.

	All of the Macintosh *ONLY* time calls, ala Apple Events, etc,
should
	be based off the 1904.

	If we don't follow that basic rule, then it'll be difficult to be
	fully cross platform.

	Right now, I developed on a WIN NT box, and then copy the files over
	to a Mac to create a applet.  Works great (other than the CR/LF vs
CR
	problems).

				- Benjamin