[Pythonmac-SIG] time screwed up

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 14:05:37 +0200

Okay, I've reverted my previous fix to the epoch problems. From the
next release Python programs will see an epoch of 1904 local timezone,
so that if you obtain time values through other MacOS calls they're
compatible with time.time() values. These numbers are then massaged in
the C code before passing them to ctime/localtime/gmtime.

There's still one mod needed to the GUSI sources, unfortunately,
because GUSI also tries to make the epoch a UTC time. This can't work,
however, because all the filesystem times are in localtime:-(