[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Python .py scripts for CGI with personal web sharing

tmk tmk@easynet.be
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 09:09:40 +0200

> From: Chris Barker <cbarker@jps.net>
> Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 10:34:54 -0700
> To: Samuel Smith <smith@oe.fau.edu>
> Cc: pythonmac-sig@python.org
> Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Using Python .py scripts for CGI with personal
> web  sharing
>
> Sam,
>
> Thanks for your note on this.
>
> I'm trying to get it working, with no success. I've put the
> PythonCGISlave applet in by Web Pages:cgi-bin folder, and set a Personal
> Web Sharing Launch at suffix action to launch it, but it doesn't seem to
> get launched. I just get a "A CGI or internal server component could not
> complete the requested action." error from netscape. the url that shows
> up in netscape is the python script that I'm trying to run, and it does
> have a .py suffix.
>
> I have no idea how to debug this! any ideas?

It could be that the applet could run because of an error. You may want to
try the following:

1. Try launching the PythonCGISlave applet 'by hand' and see if it posts a
"Can't find PythonCore" (or something like that) error dialog.
2. If so try to run the ConfigurePython applet.
3. Back to point 1. above.

There seem to be an issue with applets not being able to find PythonCore
after a reboot. Running ConfigurePython seems to cure that problem. I've put
an alias to ConfigurePython in my Startup Items folder to take care of this
problem.

Hope this helps.

= tmk =