[Pythonmac-SIG] simple cgi help?

Michael Geary michael.geary@seranova.com
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 12:02:46 -0600

Hi folks,

I'm a new subscriber. I've been playing with Python (on a mac) for
about a month now. I'm comfortable with it, but not expert.

A recent thread suggests that some of you have set up Python with
personal Web Sharing on their macs. I am trying to do the same. I
have
downloaded and (i think) installed the PythonCGIslave applet, but I
am
looking for information about actually coding a CGI script.

I thought that simply having a script:

print "hello world"

in a script titled "helloworld.py" would output that text to the
browser, but I get error messages in my PythonCGIslave app, and it
terminates (but doesn't quit).

Can anyone offer help and/or a super simple cgi script I can build
from?

thanks,

michael geary