[Pythonmac-SIG] More PythonCGISlave notes.

Chris Barker cbarker@jps.net
Wed, 02 Aug 2000 14:48:12 -0700

Just van Rossum wrote:
> >PythonCGISlave is started and keeps running, but it does have a "double
> >menu", that is two apple and file menus. Does this give a hint as to
> >what is wrong? a bug in MiniApplication perhaps? Probably not the source
> >of my problems, but what the heck.
>
> Hm, this indicates that "delay console until needed" is set, but
> *something* is writing to sys.stdout anyway (stderr is redirected to a log
> file). GUSI weirdness?

Well, perhaps it's line 69:

print "%s version %s ready." % (self.__class__.__name__, __version__)

Without it it doesn't bring up the window. Will this cause any problems?
As it happens, I've used sys.stdout to write data for diagnosing
problems. Should I re-direct it?

I've also found why it's not working for me. It crashes on line 79:

root = args['DIRE'].as_pathname()

args does not get a 'DIRE' key. It looks like this is supposed to get
passed in from the Web server by the AppleEvent, but apparently it's
not. I know NOTHING about AppleEvents, so I am completely lost now. I'm
using Personal Web Sharing in MAC OS 8.6. MacPython 1.5.2c Does anyone
have it working with these versions?

-Thanks, Chris

--
Christopher Barker,