[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython, Qt4 & GWorlds

rtrocca@libero.i rtrocca@libero.it
Wed, 9 Aug 2000 18:20:29 +0200

Hello. I'm playing with MacPython in order to use it for my research.
I've been using 1.5.2 and the sources DLed from the MacPython
page.
I compiled NumPy 15.3 for MacPython so I can put it somewhere
on the Web if somebody
wants it. I've also tried to translate a code samples for the
QuickTime developer site
from C to Python. The sample I'm speaking about is called
"VideoFrameToGWorld". It takes a
mov file (not an mpeg file) and put every frame in a GWorld ready
for analysis or other
processing. I've found some problem doing it in Python, given the
fact that the sample used a
Qt4 call and GWorld. So I made a new Qt4.ppc.slb, a
QuickTime4.py and modified Qdoffs a bit in
order to make GWorlds work with SetGWorld and SetMovieGWorld.
I don't know if it is my poor
skill in Python but I wasn't able to make them work (is it possible to
do typecasting in Python?).
Anyway now the port to Pyhton works and I've also wrote some
classes to extract frames from a movie
and put them in a PIL image or a Numeric array. Add to it some
small utility to display PIL images
or Numeric arrays in a framework window. Again if somebody is
interested I'll post evrything.
I hope that I'll be able to create a web page where I'll put
everything.
Anyway compliments to everybody for MacPython,it is really a
pleasure to work with it. I'm looking
forward to learn CVS enough in order to work with the latest
version.
Is there the possibility to have a snapshot of the current CVS once
per week  or less (month)?

							Riccardo Trocca