[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter, hopefully simple questions (more followup)

Russell E Owen owen@astro.washington.edu
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:15:42 -0700

>So, the main questions remain:
>* Any decent solutions to implementing the standard Cut, Copy and
>Paste menu items and key accelerators in all relevant widgets? I'd
>also like to add Select All, which brings up...
>* Any way to add key accelerators to menu items?

Accelerators are easy. Example: filemenu.add_command(
	label="Close", command=self.doClose, accelerator="Command-W")

The rest is a nightmare. I've posted a partial solution in
comp.lang.python, thanks to some help from John Grayson, under the
topic "Tkinter question: cut, copy and paste?". Tkinter is so nice in
so many ways, but it's handling of the basic editing operations
leaves a *lot* to be desired. Perhaps this is not news to anybody
else, but it was a shock to me.

-- Russell