[Pythonmac-SIG] Python appleevent support

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:59:04 +0200

Howdy folks,
I'm thinking of revamping OSA support in MacPython, now that i funally
understand how packages work:-) Do you think the following would be a
good idea?

I'd like to have one package per application. The packages will
contain modules for each terminology resource that gensuitemodule
finds, and the package itself will glue everything together.

One of the nice effects of this is that you don't have to find all the
OSA event classes an application supports yourself, that'll be done by
the package. Something like
>>> from CodeWarrior import CodeWarrior
will take care of the correct Standard_Suite being included, etc.

It will also enable me to (finally!) handle terminology resources that
extend Standard_Suite, something that is currently done by an ugly
(i.e. user-visible) hack.

Oh yes, and a final question: does anyone have any idea where I can
find the AETE (or was that AEUT) resources for Standard Suite and it's
friends under MacOS 9? They used to be somewhere in the Dialects
folder of the Scripting Additions folder, but I can't seem to find
them anymore on my MacOS 9 machine...
www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++