[Pythonmac-SIG] Tkinter and Python 2.0 problem

Mike Crowe Mike.Crowe@us.army.mil
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:32:08 -0600

I am trying to write Tkinter code in Python 2.0.  After executing any
Tkinter command, the interpreter (or IDE) will not quit normally.

The problem occurs when I press the Quit key.  The Tk window goes
away, but I do not get the >>> prompt back in the interpreter.  Even
though I can still select the menus, choosing Quit from the file menu
has no effect.  Also, Command-Q does not work.  At this point, the
About box has changed from "About Python..." to "About Tcl & Tk".  I
have to force quit the Python Interpreter to regain control.

Is anyone else using Tkinter, Python 2.0 on the Mac?  If so, how do
you get it to work, and what is the best way to develop code?  Or is
there a better way to develop cross platform Python GUI apps on the
Mac?

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike Crowe