[Pythonmac-SIG] building extensions on OSX

Patrick Curtain patrick@swdev.com
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 22:04:09 -0800

Howdy All!

Please, forgive me in advance for all the idiotic statements I'm likely =
to make, but....

I'm running OSX, Python 2.0b1 and trying to build the MySQLdb extension.

I've built it, after a lot of fussing, directing the setup.py script to =
the Python-2.0b1 directory to find libpython and such.

Now, though, if I try to import the module, i get the following:

dyld: python multiple definitions of symbol _Pickler_setattr
python definition of _Pickler_setattr
/usr/local/lib/python2.0/site-packages/_mysql.so definition of =
_Pickler_setattr

And python dumps to the shell prompt.

I'm sure there's more and more to tell before this can make sense to =
anyone, but let me start here.  Thanks for ANY help at all.  :)

--p

Patrick Curtain, Husband & Father  ( i also write software )
    503/781.6199                     http://www.swdev.com/=