[Pythonmac-SIG] an import library was too new for a client

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 15:46:05 +0100

Recently, Pieter Claerhout <PClaerhout@CREO.BE> said:
> Hello,
>
> I installed Python 1.5.2c1 recently, and neow I have problems
> importing compiled modules. Whenever I try to import one,
> I get the following error:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>    file "<input>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: PythonCore: an import library was too new for a client

This means that the dynamic module was created for an older version of
MacPython.

I've just submitted a patch to Guido (for historic reasons this code
is in the machine-independent part of Python) that gives a beter error
message in this case.