[Pythonmac-SIG] (no subject)

Bill Bedford billpy@mousa.demon.co.uk
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 12:50:41 +0000

At 8:30 pm +0900 09/02/00, Craig Hagerman wrote:

>I have written a small python script to do some automated downloading at
>night while I am asleep (and the phone charges are low). I am using the
>urllib module. A connection is initiated and then the files are downloaded
>to my hard drive. But then everything just waits for the PPP timeout from
>Apple's Remote Access in order to disconnect. Is there a way to script this
>part of the process as well from Python - an automatic disconnect? I
>haven't found any way so far.

Run gensuitemodule.py on the Remote Access Commands scripting
addition. This will give you access to the PPP appleevent commands.
It would though tell you when your download has finished.

--
Bill Bedford                            mailto:billb@mousa.demon.co.uk

The Tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.