[Pythonmac-SIG] CVS tree snapshots

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:48:13 +0100

>  I was
> wondering, however, if, in addition to snapshots, could we do nightly
> builds?

Owwww... You offer people a finger and not only do they take the whole
hand, but the arm too:-)

But, you're definitely right, these would be very nice to have. Also
for us (me and Just and other contributers-with-source) as the quick
feedback is good.

However, this will have to go on the long-term to-do list, as I've
just found a way to decode the MacCVS files and recode them in
MacBinary. I've put such a dump in
ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac/SourceDump/ , if someone could
try it and let me know whether it works that would be nice. You have
to unpack the .bin files yourself, and you probably have to set
correct creator/types too (at least for the .prj files, which have to
be CWIE/MMPR, if I remember correctly).

For now I'll make these dumps on demand (don't hesitate to ask: I have
scripts for it), if enough people bother me often enough I'll automate
it.