[Pythonmac-SIG] Win32 Python book

savageb savageb@pacbell.net
Mon, 03 Jan 2000 23:40:23 -0800

> the time may be ripe for a MacPython book.

I don't know if the time is ripe or not, but I am interested in something
that deals more with mac-specific aspects of programming with Python. I
don't have any experience with the mac toolbox so I shy away from most of
the mac-specific modules.

It would also be good to have someone run down the list of things someone
might want to do with pointers indicating the best options available (like
"If you wanna do database work on the mac here are your options...", and
"You can't use thread but make sure you look into select", or whatever).

Best to all in the New Year.

Bob

BTW, Since I live in the SF Bay area, I'll be going to MacWorld. If I see
anything that seems relevant to Python, I'll report it back to the list by
the end of the week.