[Pythonmac-SIG] DistUtils

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 00:01:35 +0100

Recently, Rob Managan <managan@llnl.gov> said:
> If anyone is looking for a project to fill their spare time you might
> consider porting the distutils project to the Mac. It is a python
> utility to uniformly install packages and modules. Now that
> CodeWarrior has an XML based project file we should actually be able
> to implement this!

Wow, I hadn't noticed the xml import/export yet!

Another project I'd like done, probably smaller than porting
distutils: a utility that generates the .prj file if you create a new
extension module. Currently you have to take xxmodule.prj, and replace
the name "xx" by your module name in about 6 places (2 target names, 2
resulting slb names, the source filename, the .exp filename, the
initxx name in the .exp file, I think that's the lot), and this is too
easy to get wrong. A simple script that asks for a module name and
does this for you would be really handy.