[Pythonmac-SIG] Embedding on Mac (recently?)

Sean Hummel <seanh@unforgettable.com> seanh@unforgettable.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:31:12 +0000 (GMT)

I actually did this a while back for my father. I wanted to write him a
game which used python to control the sprites. This worked reasonably
well, however I didn't ever figure out how to get an uncompiled python
file to load, compile, and run. Instead I had to use a precompiled file
for this purpose.  I jsut basically took SpriteWorld and made Python
plugins for each of the object types.

Because Sprites, do much of their own thinking, and because the machines
of today are so much faster, the fact that Python is pretty slow, didn't
make much difference.