[Pythonmac-SIG] Setting Time & Date on a Macintosh

Schollnick, Benjamin Benjamin.Schollnick@usa.xerox.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:28:23 -0500

Hello Folks!

	I'm trying to work with CALLDLL in regards to setting
the time/date on the Macintosh's as part of my Time Server & Time Client
package.

	Here's the situation.

	CallDLL Appears to (at least in the v1.52 release) only allow
INTEGERS, and
not a LONGINT.

	The time/date value I need to be able to use is a LONGINT, which
does not
conventially allow conversion to a INTEGER.

	So, right now, I can set a date up to Jan 13, 1972 @ 3:14AM, but
nothing
later >grin<

	Does anyone have a suggestion around this little problem?  I don't
have a C
compiler, so I can't make my own extension to python.....

	I've tried using STRUCT to convert the longint into a unsigned
Integer, but
Python seems to see unsigned AS LONGINTs.....(Or at least CALLDLL reported
that
the LONGINT was too long to be converted......)

			- Benjamin