[Pythonmac-SIG] Totally silly question (RE: FREEZE)

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:01:25 +0100

At 11:27 AM -0500 21-01-2000, Schollnick, Benjamin wrote:
>Folks,
>
>	Silly question.....
>
>	I've used freeze on the PC, or at least tried to, I switched to
>"INSTALLER" instead....Works alot better....
>
>	But does FREEZE work on the mac without modifications?  Is there
>anything special that needs to
>	be configured for FREEZE to work on the mac?  Do you need a
>compilier for the final product on the
>	Mac?

There's macfreeze, which needs a compiler, and there's BuildApplication,
which doesn't. BuildApplication is a higher level layer on top of
macfreeze, which in turn is a layer on top of freeze.

Just